CO2 Fire Suppression Systems
CO2 systems are the preferred choice as an extinguishant for a multitude of critical facilities. Fast, efficient and adaptable to a wide range of hazards, the discharge of carbon dioxide [a low-cost clean agent] is non-damaging to property and electrically non-conductive. Multi-Hazard Protection can be designed to provide automatic, simultaneous discharge for a variety of hazards and configurations.
CO2 fire suppression systems are used for:
- Power Generation
- Cement Plant/Blast Furnace Indirect Coal Firing Systems
- Metal Production and Processing
- Electronics Operations
- Electronics/Computer Production
- Research Facilities
- Shipboard (Marine) Systems
- Automated Storage and Retrieval Facilities
Low pressure CO2 fire sprinkler systems and equipment are best suited for applications where large quantities of CO2 are needed. A high pressure system is recommended for smaller hazards or where space is limited.
Benefits of CO2 Fire Suppression Systems:
- Fast - Within seconds, CO2 penetrates the entire hazard areas to smother the combustion.
- Environmentally Friendly - CO2 exists as a gas in the earth's atmosphere and is one of the by-products of combustion. Its use has no environmental impact.
- Non-damaging - CO2 does not cause spoilage, requires no clean up and leaves no residue.
- Non-conductive - CO2 is electrically non-conductive, allowing use for a wide variety of special applications.
- Adaptive - CO2 is effective on a wide range of flammable and combustible materials.
For more information about our CO2 fire suppression systems, please contact us.