"No one will be put at risk to achieve our goals"
Safety is an integral part of our culture at Viking. We have great employees that take pride in performing quality work in a safe manner for all of our customers. Our safety & health program is proactive and guided by a strategic set of values called STEPS.
At Viking we focus on the following set of best practices to achieve our safety goals:
- Employees participate in a minimum of 8 hours of computer based and 8 hours of classroom based safety training each year.
- Toolbox Meetings are held weekly.
- Task specific
- New Hire Orientation
Accountability & Visibility
- Regular job site safety evaluations are performed by safety and management personnel.
- A points based incentive program reinforces positive behaviors. This program is directly tied to our job site evaluations.
- Job site safety evaluation goals are set annually.
Health & Wellness
- We have a workplace stretching program specifically designed for our industry.
- Participation in our stretching program extends to all areas of our business including office staff.
Over the years we have been recognized as a leader in safety in our industry. Some of the awards we have received are as follows:
- Gary E. Bird Horizon Award (2010) - awarded to APi Group (parent company)
"I am impressed with this firm's relentless effort to strive for excellence and professionalism in their loss control program. It proves that when people are challenged they can deliver a great result," said one judge from the panel of industry experts that judged the award submissions.
- Minnesota Safety Council Meritorious Achievement Award in Occupational Safety (2008)
- Jeff W. Jensen Construction Safety Excellence Award (2006)